I have an idea: can we just do this, like, now? Cast our votes and be done with it? Seems like we’ve all made up our minds here, right? You either believe in the guy we have, or you don’t*. Sure, months of lively debate and research would be helpful, but since we prove every single minute of every single day that we’re not capable of anything remotely close to that-
evenespecially our media, who with maybe two exceptions displays the attention span and emotional maturity of a Toddlers & Tiaras pageant child- want to just call it a day? Great. Me too.
Okay, fine: for the eleven people who haven’t made up their minds (and so the rest of us can say we did it), one two-hour debate later this week. Snuggie Beyonce Boy and Carly Rae Jepsen can do the halftime show, to ensure that we all watch. Then we all show up at the ballot box and do the damn thing.
I am actively avoiding campaign news and ads, but there’s still enough bullshit getting through- from both sides and every stop in between- that I don’t know whether I’ll make it through this afternoon, much less the rest of July and then August and then September and then October and then some of November.
*This is in no way an invitation for you to share whether you personally do or do not believe in the guy we have. Oh, you have a chart? Neat! Stick it up your ass and go see Magic Mike.
All the applause.
Clapping and nodding.
- nancymartira reblogged this from daveholmes and added:
- herblondness likes this
- sloppyvirginloser likes this
- splendidreally likes this
- yellowonesdontstop likes this
- shewalksathinline likes this
- emilyjordhamo likes this
- emilyjordhamo reblogged this from daveholmes and added:
- rickpoopy reblogged this from daveholmes and added:
- rickpoopy likes this
- dailybaxter likes this
- itssotrue likes this
- morethansound reblogged this from daveholmes and added:
- meganamram likes this
- levowelmovement likes this
- krimana likes this
- gypsyfeet reblogged this from lizlemon and added:
- dxb13 reblogged this from ashleynicolehenry
- thebaucompair likes this
- fruitsnutsflakes likes this
- jess-agi likes this
- itsivana likes this
- seetheresarun likes this
- thedelightfuldilettante reblogged this from lizlemon
- thedelightfuldilettante likes this
- losingweightinthecity likes this
- marklisanti likes this
- letterfromnowhere likes this
- tilimblue reblogged this from daveholmes
- tilimblue likes this
- megwhat likes this
- ashleynicolehenry reblogged this from daveholmes
- stickyheel5 likes this
- ohhleary likes this
- thebluehour likes this
- talklikealady reblogged this from haygirlhay and added:
- citizenkerry likes this
- lizlemon reblogged this from daveholmes and added:
- alalune likes this
- ausardia likes this
- lisalisaluvchild reblogged this from daveholmes
- iamaduck reblogged this from daveholmes and added:
- reneenicolesays likes this
- 52books likes this
- williebhines likes this
- imaginingherfootprints likes this
- erinmargrethe said: God, yes. Get it over with. Australians follow US politics the way they follow sport - obsessively and enthusiastically. As an expat-Yank, I just don’t care. Be done with it.
- julie-sparkles likes this
- ellens likes this
- mclobstah likes this